All our classes run on a Tuesday evening at Stoke Bishop Village Hall. Our Beginners & Puppy Class requires prior booking but anyone is welcome to join in with the other classes.
- 7.15pm – 7.45pm – Beginners & Puppy Class – £32 course (+£15 annual club membership fee).
- This 8-week introductory course teaches you and your dog the basics of dog training. We will help your dog be more responsive to their name, to sit, lie down and more on command and be comfortable walking on the lead. You will both gain experience of being around other dogs and meet plenty of like-minded people. Please note that this class requires prior booking and that one year’s membership is payable upon starting.
- 7.45pm – 8.15pm – Follow-on Beginners Class – £4 per week.
- For those with an understanding of basic dog training but are looking to take things further, this is the class for you! This weekly class reinforces what’s learnt in the Beginners & Puppy Class and covers more obedience exercises such as retrieve, stays and heelwork. Dogs and handlers aim towards earning the Kennel Club’s Bronze Good Citizen Award. These awards involve you and your dog taking a formal assessment and those that pass earn a recognised certificate. For more information about the Kennel Club’s Bronze Good Citizens’ Scheme, see here:
- 8.15pm – 8.45pm – Intermediate Class – £4 per week.
- Building on the Follow-on Beginners Class, dogs and their handlers learn more skills towards earning the Kennel Club’s Silver Good Citizen Award. For more information about the Kennel Club’s Silver Good Citizens’ Scheme, see here:
- 8.45pm – 9.45pm – Advanced Class – £4 per week.
- For those that want to learn more advanced obedience skills or want to compete. This class encompasses teaching more advanced heelwork, sendaway, scent and more. You will also learn the exercises required to complete the Kennel Club’s Gold Good Citizen Award. For more information about the Kennel Club’s Gold Good Citizens’ Scheme, see here: